DIVORCE IN SINGAPORE
In Singapore there are three ways of getting a divorce.
There are some requirements that must be met before the Singapore Courts will entertain your application:
(a) Either Party MUST have resided in Singapore or habitually resided in Singapore for at least 3 years before the commencement of the divorce application.
(b) Parties MUST have been married for at least 3 years.
The Court may grant an exception to these requires if you are able to show that you suffer from exceptional hardship OR there is exceptional unreasonable and cruel behavior.
Once the Parties have agreed on having a divorce they must agree on the following:
1. Grounds of the Divorce
2. Division of the Assets
3. Issues on Custody, Care and Control of the Children
4. Maintenance for the Wife
5. Maintenance for the Children
If parties cannot agree on all these issues, then they cannot proceed to file an application for an uncontested divorce.
If parties are unable to agree on any of the 5 issues, then they may need a Judge to decide the issue for them, in such a case they will need to file a normal divorce application.
The Divorce documents can be prepared quickly.
The entire process will take about 4 months.
The legal costs is low.
The Divorce Application and the preparation of documents will take longer.
The entire process may take between 4 months to over two years.
The legal costs is high.
Recommended Divorce Lawyer Singapore
Common Grounds of Divorce in Singapore:
There are four main grounds of divorce (Not applicable for Muslims) in Singapore. You can rely on one of the four grounds as listed below:-
- Three or four years separation with consent
- Unreasonable behaviors
Prestige Legal LLP is the name to trust as a divorce law firm in Singapore that works with you to formulate an effective divorce strategy according to your customized requirements within your budget. Here the Best Divorce Lawyer Singapore also provides you with alternative options to resolve the dispute and save your time, fortune and peace of mind.
Here, at Prestige Legal LLP, you can utilize the services of Top Divorce Lawyer Singapore who are specialists in this area of practice. They have the right answers to your questions in relation to divorce such as:
- Is your idea of getting a divorce is reasonable?
- How much maintenance are you entitled to?
- What percentage of the matrimonial properties do you have a claim to?
- If the parties decide to litigate the case in court, what is the Court likely to grant to each party?
The recommended divorce lawyer Singapore provides the following services:
- He/she explains the law to you concisely and straightforwardly and provides you with a fair approximation of the possible outcome of each choice.
- Present you with all potential situations that can happen in the family court in the event of a lawsuit.
- Negotiate topics such as child and spousal support, as well matrimonial properties.
- Recommend specific health care providers for high-conflict child custody cases.
- Examine your options for protecting your savings, credit cards, mutual accounts, and joint commitments.
Having top lawyers with their expensive charges is useless for a client if he/she cannot afford their services. Prestige legal LLP is one of the most affordable law firms that provides divorce services and assures Recommended Divorce Lawyer Singapore for all their clients.
How can we help you?
At Prestige, you’ll definitely find a good divorce lawyer Singapore, but it is not everything that you would require in a situation when you are already in a particular state of mind because of your relationship.
You might also need some sane advice, someone who can understand your feelings and perspectives too before helping you get a divorce or avoid one. SG divorce lawyer manages all such things for you as well.
We don’t only believe in keeping our success rates high with a higher number of divorces or more considerable settlement amounts. For us, it is you who matters, and we believe that as the divorce solicitors in Singapore, you’ll be better off getting help from such people who value you and your relationship instead of keeping their success vital.
Depending on the help you need, we can arrange the best divorce solicitors in Singapore for you. Share your concerns, highlight your problems, and we can take it on from there. With you in the loop at every stage, we can offer you the best piece of advice that you could be looking for. Contact us for further information.
Prestige Legal Divorce Lawyer
If you are considering a divorce, engage our team of experts to provide you with legal advice so that you can make well-informed decisions. We will assist in guiding you through the full divorce process and minimise the damage and distress caused on you and your family.
Looking for divorce lawyer recommendations? Our divorce lawyers will help you navigate through this difficult period of divorce proceedings by providing you with cost-effective and expert assistance for your legal needs.
Free Consultation Divorce Lawyer
Get in touch with us for a free consultation and our divorce lawyer will assist you with:
- A customised divorce flow chart to guide you through and help you comprehend the many stages of the divorce process.
- Check if you meet the requirements for filing for divorce in Singapore.
- Assist you with understanding your legal rights, duties and any concerns that may arise.
- Assist you in weighing your options relating to the divorce.
Divorce Lawyer Recommendations
Our expert lawyer will recommend you the procedure that is suitable for you and help to:
- Design a divorce plan that meets your requirements and fits your budget.
- Examine your alternatives for protecting your assets, credit cards, joint accounts, and shared liabilities.
- Negotiate concerns such as child and spousal support, as well as joint matrimonial assets.
- Recommend certain health care specialists for high-conflict child custody cases.
- Provide you with all possible possibilities which may arise in the family court in the event of a trial.
Reasonable Divorce Lawyer Cost
Prestige Legal LLP is an established law firm in Singapore that offers exemplary divorce services to all our clients at very reasonable divorce lawyer cost. Simply connect with us today for a free consultation about divorce proceedings.
Click here for – Criminal Defence Lawyer Singapore
How to apply for a divorce in Singapore?
To get a divorce in Singapore, you must have a proper reason for it as per the Administration of Muslim Law Act. We suggest that you get in touch with a highly recommended divorce lawyer Singapore so that he can discuss AMLA with you.
After that, you can turn towards Syariah court for your divorce with a recommended divorce lawyer Singapore. The court will appoint a counseling agency that you must approach before your divorce can be finalized.
What are the legal requirements for a divorce?
As per a divorce law firm, there are multiple legal requirements for a divorce. These include being a Singaporean citizen or a permanent resident in Singapore for at least three years. One also has to be married for at least three years to file for a divorce unless you obtain permission, otherwise from the court.
Moreover, the applicant will also need to provide reasons for divorce to the court. The acceptable reasons include adultery, separation, and unreasonable behavior.
Furthermore, you will also have to plan ancillary matters like child support and care, spouse’s maintenance, assets distribution, etc. As the process is complicated, it is highly recommended to involve a divorce law firm.